Friday, March 1, 2013

Hello world

Hello world, my name is Michael Pollard, and I'm an aspiring writer. I intend to use this blog to chronicle my journey through the publishing process. At this point my first complete novel is nearly finished. I've wanted to write since I was a teenager, and its taken me years, and a half dozen failed attempts to reach this point. While I'm not totally pleased with my first book, I think it stands well on its own at this point, and will be a building point for the rest of my work.

I suppose I should say that I'm writing fantasy, and will probably stay in that genre for a while. I have a few ideas for thrillers that are not fantasy, but those are on the shelf for now. So over the coming weeks, and months I will share pieces of my novel with you, as well as my ups, and more likely my downs as I attempt to get it published. I will also explore e-book self-publishing using tools like amazon kindle, or barns and nobles nook. Time will tell. Writing the book was only just leaving the shire, and Mordor is a long way away.

1 comment: